A huge thank you to everyone who helped get all of our 120 cross country runners to and from Ashbridges Bay safely today! I heard many students who made personal best results from past years, and everyone had a great time. I’m sure they’ll all sleep well tonight! Official race results will be announced to students in grade 3-8 who qualified as soon as they are made available to the coaches.
The parents who came to volunteer today were awesome and we couldn’t have done it without you, so a big MERCI to all of you!
Here are some photos from the day:
Bon weekend tout le monde!
If your child needs an EpiPen or inhaler please make sure they have them today in their backpack for the Cross Country meet.
It looks like it’ll be a great day for running. Thank you in advance to all parents who are volunteering their time to help out today.
If you’re a tweeter, please use & follow hashtag #llpsXC to share moments and follow along from a distance.
Just a quick note with some reminders for tomorrow’s Cross Country Race at Ashbridges Bay.
1) Please arrive on time! Grade 1-2 students should arrive at school at 8:00 a.m. for an 8:15 a.m. departure and grade 3-8 at regular time for a 9:30 a.m. departure. We will NOT wait for late students!
2) If the status of how or if your child is getting to the meet changes or if they are sick PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE! We have a list that took a long time to populate so if you have a change please make sure it’s communicated to us.
3) Similar to 2, if you are bringing your child home from the race and hadn’t indicated so on the form please sign him/her out with one of the teachers before leaving the park.
4) Bring a healthy lunch, snacks, water (there’s nowhere that students will be able to go to purchase food) and dress for success in layers! It gets quite cold down by the lake, so please dress your child for the weather!
5) Rain or shine! The students run in the rain…race only gets cancelled if there’s lightning.
Looking forward to an awesome day at Ashbridges Bay!
A HUGE thank you to the parents who came out to help with the computers today! It was a big job and we appreciate your help. Hope to have the computers up and running very soon!
We are looking for volunteers to help distribute the shipment of 36 (free!!) desktop computer towers that arrived today from RCT. If you have time tomorrow afternoon we would really appreciate your help. Please meet in the front foyer of the school at 1:00 p.m. if you are able to join us. No previous computer knowledge needed, they’re easy to plug in and not too heavy.
Merci in advance!
A quick reminder of the grade 8 fundraiser -Pizza Day. Parents, no need to pack a lunch for tomorrow, just bring those toonies!
Pepperoni, cheese and gluten free available! $2 per slice.
Thank you for your support!
A couple things about Cross Country.
Forms went home today, please send back letting us know how you’d like your child to get to and from Ashbridges Bay on Friday. FORMS DUE WEDNESDAY please! If you’d like to print the forms or look at them at home please find the parent letter HERE and excursion from HERE.
We will run RAIN OR SHINE! Please dress appropriately for the weather and note that unless there is lightning the children WILL run. Any announcements to postpone or cancel due to weather will be posted on this blog as soon as we know anything. If it’s raining and you hear nothing from us, the race is still on!
Thank you again to all parents who offered to volunteer for Friday! I sent out an email today, please respond by Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. letting me know details of how you can help.
The Word on the Street Toronto Book & Magazine Festival is on tomorrow from 11am-6pm at Harbourfront Centre for any families looking for a fun literacy-based day out!